Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 5, 2012 Food Swap

Summer is almost here and I'm getting excited to do swaps again, I found out about a neighborhood website called Nextdoor and saw that my neighborhood was on there. I decided to post about OC Food Swap on the group board, and see what happens...

No one responded that they were coming. I also always post on the Facebook group page about swaps and on Craigslist as well. So the day of the swap happens, I check and no one has contact me on or offline about coming. So i stay home, but I don't do any set up in my front yard.

About 3:30 pm someone rings my door bell with a big sack of grapefruit asking if my home is the location of the food swap. I bring the person to my front yard and explain because no one contact me about coming or even RSVP'ing on the neighborhood website I didn't do a set up on my lawn. Talked a bit and made a swap of egg shells for grapefruits.



About 10 mins go by and he leaves. An hour later another doorbell ring and it's the same thing, is this the location of the food swap. Yes come into my front yard, how did you hear about the swap? Nextdoor website. I explained what a swap is and the importance of contacting me or RSVP'ing so I can set up my front yard for the swap. Gave the family some herbs, and received a head of cabbage. 



About 30 mins later the family left, and that was it for my visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment