Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 12, 2013 Food Swap

After the previous week of the people coming without letting me know, I decided to update my post on the Nextdoor website, to include please RSVP so I can set up for the event or cancel it. This got people's attention and I had 3 people RSVP. YEAH!

So the day of the event I put my sign out in the yard


and set up a table in the front yard, and went to collect herbs and fruit for the swap.


one neighbor shows up and bring home grown kale, two varieties. 


and another neighbor comes and brings Achojcha / Caigun


And another neighbor comes and bring homemade bread!



I am so excited, what I have envisioned for over a year has just come to life before my eyes. People are talking about their soil in their yards, and above ground gardening, and they are excited to come back again and see what everyone else might bring.


Even the kids are playing with the chalk and bubbles!



Before I know it everyone has swapped, and time to go home! Yeah!

Thank you, neighbors for coming you don't know how much it meant to me to see you come and be neighborly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment